Version 4.6.6 - September, 2013
- Updated to work with AutoCAD 2014
Version 4.6.5 - December, 2012
- Updated to work with AutoCAD 2013
Version 4.6.2 - April 1, 2009
- Fixed loading issue with 64bit version of AutoCAD 2008
Version 4.6.1 - September 24, 2009
- Fixed licensing issue with Vista UAC.
- Fixed issue with sheet metal screws.
Version 4.6.0 - August 27, 2009
- Updated to work with AutoCAD 2010.
- Now compatible with 64bit versions of AutoCAD.
- New, more reliable, licensing system.
Version 4.5.18 - January 16, 2009
- Fixed a problem with Balloon fx that could cuase AutoCAD 2006 to crash.
Version 4.5.17 - February 25, 2008
- Fixed a problem that could cause an exception during plotting with Balloon fx loaded in AutoCAD 2008.
Version 4.5.16 - May 10, 2006
- Compatible with AutoCAD 2007.
- Fixed a problem with the detail enlargement when UCS was not set to World.
- Added M3 and M4 metric sizes to Hex Head Bolts.
Version 4.5.15 - February 25, 2006
- Fixed a dimassoc problem.
- Corrects a dimzin reset failure.
Version 4.5.14 - June 8, 2005
- MPT Toolbars in AutoCAD 2006 should now load properly.
Version 4.5.13 - May 25, 2004
- Fixes a precision problem with dimlfac and the hole charter.
Version 4.5.12 - May 4, 2004
- This version now supports the use of dimlfac on X and Y values within the chart. If the dimlfac variable is set to something other than 1, the X and Y values will be multiplied by dimlfac prior to generation in the chart. This will supperceed dimalt.
Version 4.5.11 - April 8, 2004
- Fixed a problem with Leader fx under AutoCAD 2004/2005 that could prevent it from locating the MPT custom database.
- Price reduced to $295.
Version 4.5.10 - March 25, 2004
- Compatible with AutoCAD 2005.
- Balloon fx: Having a dimscale of 0 would cause a failure to find intersection.
Version 4.5.9 - January 15, 2004
- Fixed a problem where attaching on blocked fasteners did not see the fastener.
Version 4.5.8 - December 2, 2003
- The first time retaining ring is run with the x25.4 option checked, graphics were not generated.
- Balloon fx: Fixed a problem where just opening a drawing would cause the drawings database to be modified if Balloon fx was loaded.
- Balloon fx: Fixed a problem where if a drawing is scaled, the balloon note could start inside the balloon.
- Balloon fx: Fixed a problem where editing or aligning balloons with notes in a scaled environment fails to offset the note correctly.
- Balloon fx: Fixed a problem where editing mtext in older drawings could cause a fatal error.
Version 4.5.7 - October 30, 2003
- Balloon fx: Fixed a problem when working with multiple drawings that could cause a fatal error.
- Balloon fx: If a copy is made of a balloon and the orginal is deleted, using balloon fx on that balloon will could cause a fatal error. Users are now warned that they have attempted to edit or modify a "corrupt" balloon.
- Balloon fx: Using grips to drag a balloon size beyond the length of the leader caused a fatal crash.
- Balloon fx: Using Architectural units caused custom sizes to be missread .
Version 4.5.6 - October 27, 2003
- Balloon fx: If an alignment or change was made to an exiting balloon before running the balloon program, the arrows and various other graphic components of the balloon could change radically in scale or dissapear all together.
- Balloon fx: Double click editing would not work if Balloon fx had not been run first.
Version 4.5.5 - October 13, 2003
- Balloon fx: Fixed a problem that would cause a AutoCAD to exit if the balloon size was larger than the distance from the start of the leader to the center of the balloon.
- Balloon fx: Fixed a problem with double-click editing that would prevent the user from saving a drawing.
Version 4.5.4 - October 7, 2003
- Fixed a problem with Balloon fx that could cause an access violation when AutoCAD exits.
Version 4.5.3 - September 24, 2003
- Fixed a bug that would cause the MPT layer manager to appear after the erase command in drawings that had never been initialized by MPT.
- Corrected and enhanced hole chart rectors to prevent excessive running of the (dohccallback) command.
Version 4.5.2 - September 15, 2003
- Fixed a problem that could cause MPT 4 to give the error "C\cadfx\mpt45\mpt4-16.arx cannot find a dll or other file that it needs."
Version 4.5.1 - September 12, 2003
- Fixed an error where MPT would only run immediately after install.
Version 4.5 - September 3, 2003
- Includes support for AutoCAD 2004.
- Balloon fx updated with new balloon types.
- Fixed a random crash with Balloon fx
- Now uses the AutoCAD's registry to automatically load MPT, rather than the acad.rx method.
MPT 4.2 Version History
(MPT 4.2 will always include fixes from versions smaller than 4.2)
Version 4.2.10 - September 12, 2002
- Corrected a ballooning problem where double-click editing would not work
on a balloon that without a leader that was created after a balloon with a leader.
- Fixed a problem where the "Copy note from drawing" would not
work on a new balloon in a fresh drawing.
- MPT now remembers the current state of the object properties dialog when double-click editing is invoked.
Version 4.2.9 - June 16, 2002
- Corrected the failure of the balloon preferences dialog to control the auto alignment feature of the balloon program.
Version 4.2.8 - April 26, 2002
- See fixes in included in 4.0.22.
Version 4.2.7 - February 8, 2002
- See fixes in included in 4.0.21.
Version 4.2.6 - January 16, 2002
- Includes latest updates for Balloon fx (v.2.1.1).
- Leader fx properly operates in AutoCAD Mechanical environment.
- Leader fx no longer locks system when attached to a hole during a move command.
Version 4.2.5 - August 17, 2001
- See changes for MPT 4.0.20.
- Fixed a metric offset problem with Balloon fx.
Version 4.2.4 - April 18, 2001
- See changes for MPT 4.0.19.
Version 4.2.3 - December 20, 2000
Version 4.2.2 - October 5, 2000
- Corrected bug that would cause a balloon placed without a leader to disappear if edited.
- Corrected bug that would cause the arrow to disappear on edit or align if dimscale was set to 0.
- Corrected bug that would crash AutoCAD if the user double clicked on the text or the very end of the leader
Version 4.2.1 - September 7, 2000
- Corrected a problem that would not let the user bring up the color picker
in the NPT Layer Manager.
Version 4.2 - August 15, 2000
- DoubleClick editing of MPT 4 entities! No longer to you have to select
the Power Edit button to edit a fastener. Now, just Double Click it!
- Power Editing of MPT 4 entities within blocks using the REFEDIT command.
- MPT 4 now uses its own namespace within AutoCAD reducing the chances that
another program will interfere with MPT commands.
- Includes a new Note Settings Configuration Option used on notes inserted with a fastener.
- New Detail Enlargement program.
- See MPT 4.0.17 history for additional info.
MPT 4.1 Version History
(MPT 4.1 will always include any fixes from MPT 4.0)
Version 4.1.2 - March 14, 2000
- Resolved alignment reactor conflict in Mechanical Desktop when using Balfx
and the amannote command. Note that the double click reactor will bring
up the properties dialog in Mechanical Desktop.
- Corrected failure of the Freelance leader type in Balfx to use the layer settings.
- See the MPT 4.0.16 history.
Version 4.1.1 - March 6, 2000
- See the MPT 4.0.15 history.
Version 4.1.0 - February 15, 2000
- Greatly enhanced and expanded ballooning program that allows straight,
arc, and free-lance leaders, multiple balloon types, auto numbering, double-click
editing, the ability to select which layers the balloon and text are drawn
on, and more!
- Added Lock Washer option to Button Head Screw, Hex Head Bolt, SHCS, and Low-head SHCS.
- New LDRFX_EDITOR command for editing categories in the database.
- Leader fx: Leaders on circle based objects now keep their alignment when moved.
- Leader fx: New preferences allow you to always left justify MText and AutoAlign AutoCAD leaders
MPT 4.0 Version History
Version 4.0.23 - January 27, 2003
- Fixed a problem that could cause an unlicensed copy MPT to crash AutoCAD upon plot.
Version 4.0.22 - April 26, 2002
- Fixed a problem where the Balloon Program did not run.
- Fixed a compatibility problem with Leader fx and AutoCAD Mechanical 6.
Version 4.0.21 - February 8, 2002
- Added additional counter sink sizes (#0-#6).
- Switching UCSs in the Datum Dimensioning program now works properly.
- Fixed a bug that misplaced the hole ID on hole chart for a hole where the z value was not exactly zero for that hole.
Version 4.0.20 - August 17, 2001
- Fixed a Hole Charting problem that prevented multiple charts.
- Fixed block mode error in Set Screws (name didn't reflect point type).
- Fix flange thickness of SC and ST steel shapes.
Version 4.0.19 - April 18, 2001
- Fixed a problem where a linetype was left over after using block mode.
- Fixed a licensing problem that caused AutoCAD to remain running in the background.
- Lock washer block name to include if hidden or not for blocks.
- Fixed error on modifying charted holes who's ucs is no longer valid
- Fixed Side view (hidden) on Jam nut (was drawing solid)
- Fixed the Alias Configure to stop messing with the order
- Fix a refedit bug associated with stampfx and externally inserted blocks
- Fixed loss of osnaps when using washers
- Reset Linetype after Steel Shape when not using Bylayer.
- Fixed failure of export text to overwrite existing file.
- Fixed failure of mating options when using LW polylines
- Fixed washer misplacement with osnaps on and at distance
- Fixed sshape failure to reset current color.
Version 4.0.18 - December 20, 2000
- Changed shape of Hex Nut.
Version 4.0.17 - August 15, 2000
- Set screws: when draw chamfer was turned off in the config, the set screws were being drawn incorrectly.
- Added Block Manager to the pull down menu.
- Corrected a multiple insert bug when using blocks and washers.
- Corrected Low Head Socket Head screw bug when using blocks where if a
normal S.H.C.S. was placed first, the low head version would be drawn the same.
- Hole Chart Program: Size settings were not recovered from an existing chart.
- Lock Washer of Hex Nut was drawn in wrong direction.
- Fixed database error for Socket Head Cap Screw.
- Created work around for bug introduced into AutoCAD 2000i that would prevent
the Hole Chart Program from working properly.
- Corrected a bug when Power Editing a Self Locking Nut
Version 4.0.16 - March 14, 2000
- Fixed problem with the hole chart move reactors that would experience
a fatal error if the prompt for precision option was selected.
- Corrected fatal error when the first hole of a charted hole is manually erased.
- Corrected blocking error in JIC cylinder program where previously drawn
objects would be included in the JIC block when using the block option.
- Corrected bug when Power Editing a hole that has been charted with the
Hole Chart program while Prompt for Precision is checked.
- Corrected bug when using an offset dimension in the Datum program.
Version 4.0.15 - March 6, 2000
- More improvements to licensing mechanism. Better feedback is given to
the user when problems arise with network situations.
- Datum Dimensioning Program now supports fractional settings and alternate text styles.
- Datum Dimensioning Program was failing to use the drawing's current dimension
settings if no other setting could be found.
- Dim Gap program is now capable of using other dimensions as cutting lines.
(NOTE: If dimensions that were used to gap
other dimensions are modified in any way, they will no longer be valid cut
objects and the next time the cut dimension is modified, the gap will be
removed. At this point, you must re-gap the dimension as desired.)
Version 4.0.14 - February 15, 2000
- Added temporary labels to hole chart when adding holes.
- The undo mechanism for hole charting has been improved.
- Corrected an error with the JIC Cylinder rod.
- MPT database updated to correct a small lock washer discrepancy.
- Internal licensing mechanism greatly improved and revised. Should correct
the timing out errors that a few people have been receiving.
Version 4.0.13 - January 19, 2000
- Corrected problem with Datum Dimensioning where ESC key would cause a fatal error.
- Distribution now includes proper linetype file.
- While using the Hole Chart, attempting to change the Radius field in
"Edit Hole Info" would cause AutoCAD to lock up.
- Corrected minor loading bug.
Version 4.0.12 - January 7, 2000
- Corrected retaining ring bug
Version 4.0.11 - December 16, 1999
- Corrected "bad argument type" error on load
of MPT. This error would also have disabled the following programs: Balloon
reactors, Hex flange nut, T head bolt, Bushings, Low Head S.H.C.S., and Retaining Rings
Version 4.0.10 - December 9, 1999
- Completely revised installation system that is quicker and more efficient.
- Fixed problem that could possibly cause MPT 4 to time out after 60 minutes
even though the product is licensed.
- Corrected thread length miscalculation on screws.
- Corrected malfunction of blocking mechanism where the last entity in the
drawing was an attributed block. Appeared by having another block in the
drawing merged with MPT blocks.
- Save local button in the Balloon Program now works properly.
- Layer setting of "current" in the Balloon Program now works properly.
- Corrected error from use of the "Save to Base Style Button" in datum program.
Version 4.0.9 - November 19, 1999
- Corrected blocking mechanism failure for C'Bore Holes.
Version 4.0.8 - November 9, 1999
- Fixed an initialization problem with Datum Dimensioning.
Version 4.0.7 - November 1, 1999
- Fixed problem with steel shapes not inserting properly on first instance.
Version 4.0.6 - October 25, 1999
- Fixed problem where balloon program would not work in multiple document mode.
- When using block mode on fasteners that have hex & spline sockets, the
type of socket was not stored properly in the block.
Version 4.0.5 - October 13, 1999
- Fixed problem with licensing between Win 95 and Win NT.
Version 4.0.4 - October 7, 1999
- New version of Block Manager (3.5.3) included
Version 4.0.3 - October 4, 1999
- New version of Block Manager (3.5.2) included
- Reports current version of MPT on startup
Version 4.0.2 - September 23, 1999
- Fixed problem when a DIMSCALE was set to less than one in the Datum Dimensioning program
- Add holes button now available in Hole Charting program at startup
- Show/Hide toggle of description did not work.
- Assign hole chart ID to object except circle and arc would cause a bad argument.
Version 4.0.1 - August 23, 1999
- Latest versions of Block Manager and Stamp fx.
Version 4.0 - August 12, 1999
- First full public release!
Version 4.0 Beta 2 - July 29, 1999
- Added BYLAYER option to Layer Manager
- Multiple and single power edit type switching bug fixed (ie - from drilled to tapped hole would fail)
- Zero mark did not scale properly per DIMSCALE
- Creating a new 0-0 point did not switch to the new 0-0 point
- weren't warned if overriding an existing 0-0 pt (ucs)
- Fixed an Unhandled Exception error after closing AutoCAD 2000, also corrected instability problems with AutoCAD 2000 & MPT4
- Layer Manager was not starting properly if Save for Future Drawings button selected
- New version of Stamp fx and Leader fx included
Version 4.0 B1 - July 20, 1999
- First public Beta release, AutoCAD 2000 only.
New Features List:
- Machine Screws, English & Metric, Flat Head, Pan Head, or Hex Head
- Sheet Metal Screws, English & Metric, Flat Head, Pan Head, or Hex Head
- Phillips or Spline sockets for Flat and Pan Head screws
- ANSI Bushings
- Retaining Rings
- Hex Flange Nuts
- Low Head Socket Head Cap Screws
- T-Head Bolts
- Spline Sockets for Set Screws
- Hex Flange Nuts
- Standard or Heavy Hex Nuts and Jam Nuts
- Narrow, Regular and Wide Washers
- Tapped Holes and Tap Extensions now include an option for Flat Bottoms
- Attach Option in Washers and Nuts allows you to easily insert a Nut or Washer on an existing fastener.
- Revised MPT toolbar
- Simplified Hole Charter Interface while improving functionality: Charts
automatically update with power edits, power swaps, moving or deleting of
holes. The order of chart columns can be changed.
- Improved datum dimensioning
- Dim-gap now reacts to changes and works with light weight polylines
- Includes an easy to use Ballooning program
- Latest versions of Block Manager and Stamp fx (formerly Plot Stamp)included.